Artlantis does the RT2 key work with the 2021 version?

If I buy a license for the 2023 version (RT2), will I be able to activate the 2021 version? (upgrade)
RT2 is a failure. I don’t want to use it. I have been using Artlantis for 12 years and what has been released now is worse than the version I used 10 years ago. It is not possible to purchase an upgrade to the 2021 version any longer.

I agree. I have also been a long time user of Artlantis for 28 years. It is a critical part of my work flow. There are a number of issues with this new version I do not understand. I find the Artlantis GUI difficult and clunky to navigate. The loss of so many features such as site insertion is debilitating. The loss of the ability to transfer literally hundreds of personal library objects and shaders mystifying. The 2D navigation camera icon means it is difficult to place the camera accurately and it jumps around when you zoom in. The drag and drop shader is hit and miss. Importing the A2021 projects into RT completely ignores the applied shaders. These are just a few things I have noticed before frustration sets in and I abandon the exercise. In my opinion A 2021 is easy to use. Its learning curve is very straight forward. My only criticism of 2021 is that the rendering engine needs tweaking to catch up with the likes of Maxwell and StudioMax. Lighting needs a bit of work too but if you know what you are doing the results can rival those other applications. What you have with 2021 is an absolute winner. Artlantis can easily hold its own with the completion so I am confused that the software designers have decided to reinvent the wheel rather than refine an application that from the very beginning has always been well ahead of its time for ease of use and producing renders of the highest quality. Please consider your long time users.

Hi! I do not know why the developers of Artlantis do not interact with users. There was a good program of Artlantis 5, very simple and easy to use, it was only necessary to improve the quality of the image (like competitors). They released Artlantis 6, and gradually began to remove the necessary functions, instead of improving the quality to the level of Vray, Corona, D5 Render, Lumion, etc. They removed the haze at the horizon. Then removed the blur of shadows from the sun on a cloudy day. Removed the color of the sun rays. Then they removed the rounding of the ribs, etc.
It was only necessary to leave the simplicity of the interface Artlantis 5 and add the corrections and wishes of users - Maybe need to change the ARTLANTIS 2022 engine?
Then the developers of Artlantis would be with good sales income, and users would become more and more.
Artlantis RT² is a stupitive road to nowhere, unfortunately. The project died…

Hi all,

Yes I agree, they went backwards and not forwards. I only tried the demo version of Artlantis RT2 and will have to wait to see if they develop it further before purchase.

Until they improve it here is another option in the meantime…

I have been a user of eyecad vr pro and have since recently upgraded to the studio version and have not looked back. It has the features that I was looking for. Please do a google search for eyecad vr. The search will take you to eyecad vr website. You will be impressed.