Muddy Mirror reflectance in Artlantis 2020

Hello,

I’m new in Artlantis 2020 (in mac), when I put in render objects, mirrors reflectance are absent (so muddy), like in photo below. Please can you help. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

It is because you use the Denoiser, it blurs transparent shaders.

Unfortunately this issue won’t be fixed, in fact it is more a limitation than a bug…
Here is an explanation from Thomas, one of the developer at Abvent in charge of the rendering:

The algorithm doesn’t know if the material has a reflected, a transparent or just a diffuse channel.
When the energy/light variation is low on a surface, it blurs the result, whatever we could see behind the glass, or through the mirror.
It is a limitation inherent to the chosen algorithm.

In other words, the algorithm works only on the first shading level.

Best regards,

Thank you so much for explaining this issue, but without denoiser I couldn’t reach like this good quality of picture, especially floor tile. The picture was always with noise around. Can you explain how can I reach best result, I mean with no noise, without denoiser?
Thanks in advance!

Hello,

The noise can come from Neon shader, HDRI lighting, Enhanced Background, depending on the origin we can use different rendering settings to reduce it.

I would have to see your rendering settings and shader settings to help you better.

You can send me your atla file, zipped by WeTransfer at sarrut@abvent.fr

Best regards,