Lights in Render[in] 3.0.4 / Sketchup 2016

Hello,
I am using Renderin for a couple of years.
In Renderin 2 it was possible to use custom lights without daylight.
How I have done this:

• I set the time to 00:00
  • I placed some rectangular surfaces in the sky of my model (see attached example) and set the parameter « Light Emitter » of the material to « 1.00 »

Then I rendered the model and were happy.
This ist the result of Renderin 2 in Sketchup 2015:

Unfortunately Renderin 2 does not Support Sketchup 2016 :cry:

But in Renderin 3, this is not possible any longer. :open_mouth:
If I set the time to 00:00, I always get an extremly dark result. If I play with ISO and Shutter, it gets a little bit brighter. But the model seems to be rendered in gray scale.
This is the result of Renderin 3 in Sketchup 2016:

I do not want any environment color → should be white (see first picture obove)

In my opinion, it is a big software bug…
I attached the Sketchup 2015 and Sketchup 2016 example project.
I hope, someone can give me some hints.

Regards,

Andy
test.zip (359 KB)

We have just uploaded a new version 3.0.5
Considering the size of your model and the distance of the neon shader
the power was too limited in previous version
The « light emitter » slider is always limited to 100 but
you can now enter a manual value 250 for example
and your scene will be ok

Hi,
thank you for your reply,
I just tested the new version with some of my models.
Now I am able to adjust the « light emitter » in order to get enough light for my models. Fine.

But Render[in] 2 still generates better results. :frowning:

First problem:
I don’t want a background. If I disable the background, I get a grey background. This is not as expected. I want a white background.

Second problem:
The results are not as smooth as in version 2.

Third problem:
The calculationtime is very long version 3.

Just a question:
Is there a way to get version 2 running with Sketchup 2016.
I really want my good old Render[in] 2 back. :cry: Please help. :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused:

First problem: It’s a problem I understand. We need to find a solution. Waiting this solution, you can add a Renderin bakground image. On a Renderin background image there is a slider to increase or decrease the brightness.
Second problem: It’s a subjective point of view, personnaly I found image made with Renderin 3 much more realistic. It was impossible to render such good images with Renderin 2 renderin.com/gallery/
Third problem: It can be very long if you use the same parameters than in V2. The engine has changed. What do you compare exactly ?
Answer to your question: No Renderin 2 will never be available within Sketchup 2016. It 's simply impossible sorry.

Hi All, Hi Jtani
Although I am new to RI and I can not compare with older RI versions, I agree to Jtani concerning the white background.
This important « white background option » is possible and necessary in other render tools as well. Only one reason could be to be in a position to make any postproduction (in PS for example) later.
Below I´ve done two little suggestions. The first one could just open any color selector and the second one below could refer to the styles background settings of SketchUp.

However - within RI it is possible to manipulate the color saturation of sky and sun, which is a good feature. RI’s Sun behaves similarly to physical sky in other render tools (even if it is not exactly the same I suppose?). To prevent the color bleeding of physical sky is a very good option.

Is there any possibility to manipulate the strength of the sun´s shadows somehow?

Regards, Regi