Layers do not work

Hi all :smiley:
Likewise the previous version, the version 3.0.2, does not show all the layers in Photoshop.

The fund can not be changed

I ask, am I wrong? :confused:
Cheers
Pedro

Hi Pedro,
I tried the updated version too and I found out the same. The layers still do not work.
Regards,
code

Hi again,
I just read, that Version 3.03 should have corrected this. I will try this and come back to you :slight_smile:

Hi Code :wink:
I just got travel, we have extraordinary new version :sunglasses:

I feel very good that you take the test
I’m downloading the new version, and soon I will share the result, in this topic
So we will see both results :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

A hug
Pedro

Hi all,
the layers are working now after export as *.psd-file.
But Render[in] Version 3 does not convince me at all.
With nearly the same render settings the render time takes much longer as in Version 2.
For example, the rendering of a simple staircase took 4:41 minutes in Render[in] 2 - Render[in] 3 took 2:03:05 hours!
And the result ist not that much better.
Unfortunately the advantages of version 2 prevail.
It’s a pity, hopefully the next version will be as quick and simple as version 2.
Any thoughts?
Regards,
code

This is the problem, the quality between v2 and v3 has increased, you can’t simply use the same settings
On your example, a simple « Speed » parameter can be used and not « High ».
And what about the shininess parameters which is also time eater
Can you send us your file from the ticketing system ?
We will check it

Many thanks for your reply.
Could you please tell me the settings that would be the same as for version 2? I tried several settings, but each rendering took much longer with not extremely better results.
The model is a modified free sketchup model, please download it via dropbox.com/s/uxoi1tuajf4ja … s.skp?dl=0
Thx for your help!

He is mine, 9 mn
The problem on your file is the shininess parameter.
You put shininess everywhere, even where you don’t need it, that’ why it’s slow
First you need to choose what is reflective or not in your image (and that you will see)
And then where you need shininess or not.
Use this parameter sparingly.
I have used the Speed Setting too.

I tried a rendering with setting « speed » and absolutely no materials with shininess.
It took 20:34 minutes with Renderin 3 and in comparison 04:36 minutes with Renderin 2. My computer not the fastest :wink:, but Renderin 2 is much faster.
So the problem for me stays the same.
Maybe the quality is a bit better now, but the big advantage of this software was the very easy use and the really quick rendering time - with really good results. For different Renderings (e.g. special product renders or high quality interior renderings) I anywhay use a different software as e.g. keyshot or Vray.
Another question: in Renderin 2 I had the option « force sun shadows » - is this not available any more? Or where could it be turned on/off?
I hope, the easy use and the render speed will be considered for the next update (maybe two versions, one easy, quick one and one with better quality?), I untfortunately must say that I will keep my favoured Renderin 2 as long as possible.
Anywhay, thx for your efforts…