2d background Image size

Hi,

Wich is the best size for a 2D background image?

Thanks in advance.

Ronnie Dackus

Hi Ronnie
there is no best size for a background image.
The only important thing is: you have to decide which size should have your render image.

If you now add any background image with a different sice, this wallpaper would overwrite your chosen render sice with it´s own picture sice.
To avoid that, you should cropp (or/and scale) your background image before to your desired render size by using PS or Gimp for example.
So you assure that your background image will fit on to your desired render picture - not the other way around.

here I´ve shown an example:
http://forums.abvent.com/t/night-and-day-a-complete-documentation/356/1

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Will test is it.

Cheers

Ronnie

Hi,

Tested it but the result is not very nice, see attachment.

Please could you advice?

Thanks

Ronnie

hmm - I can´t see an attachment…

Hi,

Now it should be there!

ok and thanks for posting this wonderful render with a phantastic lighting !!!
And yes - this great render deserves a much better background picture indeed ! :wink:) I agree, your chosen one doesn´t look good at all :wink:

To give you an impression how to proceed, I prepared a new backgound image, which should fit better to your render of course.
Open any new picture file with the same resolution of your intended render image.

The new backgound image is taken from the web but I´ve searched for a hi resolution picture (1).
Of course the light mood, shadow direction, brightnes, saturation etc should fit to your desired backgrund idea.

Once you have found the right picture, you have to adjust the right position and the right part of this new picture in relation to it´s desired
position in your intended render scene background (2) + (3).

After you have scaled, transformed, mirrored etc your new picture to the right position, save it as your new background image (4) which you then
can use within Render[In].

One hint in addition would be to show the glass pane frame within the white window frame. This little detail is quite important I think, because the
window itself is a very dominant part in your render.

Regards & I hope this helps and please show us here how you get along

PS: my chosen background is just an example of course

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.

Now I understand. For the time being I have made my own background, but I will use the suggestion you made.

See attachment for the workaround for now.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Ronnie

:stuck_out_tongue:

that´s great - I love the various texturing/colouring of your wood planks outside! where did you get them? or done by your own?

Is it possibe to share any screenshots of your SU model and your used lighting setup and rendersettings?

PS: try to keep these great light and shadow appearance of your previous render - looks so great!!!

Hi Regi,

It’s a standard color in the wood section of the materials!

Ronnie

… which one is it? I have no idea how you did it :blush:

See attachement « blue » selected